Subject: Subject: FOR YOUR ACTION: Call for interest for the new EVD Coordination Committee – deadline 31st January 2025 EOB
From: "EVD Admin" <[email-masked]>
To: "mateusz.markowicz" <[email-masked]>, "stephan.aberle" <[email-masked]>, "tinne.lernout" <[email-masked]>, "Javiera Rebolledo" <[email-masked]>, "elica.panayotova" <[email-masked]>, "iva_trrifonova" <[email-masked]>, "mikov" <[email-masked]>, "zvjezdana.lovric" <[email-masked]>, "iva.pem-novosel" <[email-masked]>, "aaristodimou" <[email-masked]>, "Valentinos Silvestros" <[email-masked]>, "m.mendris" <[email-masked]>, "mviolaris" <[email-masked]>,Hana O
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "Julia Geller" <[email-masked]>, <
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2025 18:21:59 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Focal Points for Emerging and Vector-borne diseases Network 
members and alternates; Operational Contact Points for Emerging and 
Vector-borne diseases Network – epidemiology, microbiology, and entomology;

Cc: Coordinating Competent bodies;

Dear colleagues,

The mandate of the current EVD Disease Network Coordination Committee (DNCC) 
comes to an end on 30 March 2025. With this email, we would like to warmly 
thank the current EVD DNCC members for their valuable contributions over the 
past three-year term and launch a call for interest for the new EVD DNCC, to 
be appointed for a period of three years.

The main role of the DNCC is to support the further development and 
improvement of the ECDC activities related to EVDs, by providing important 
but non-binding advice to the ECDC’s EVD Network. The advice covers 
surveillance, prevention, and control or any other technical, 
epidemiological, or scientific aspect; thus enabling the network to improve 
its effectiveness and added value.

The DNCC will specifically provide support in the following ways, in 
addition to consultations with the full network:

*	provide advice on the implementation of relevant ECDC strategies and 
annual work plans;
*	provide rapid advice to ECDC on scientific/technical issues within the 
disease network area, as requested;
*	discuss priorities in the future activities of the ECDC networks with 
respect to prevention and control including surveillance, public health 
microbiology, entomology, guidance, training, capacity building and other 
aspects;
*	contribute to the identification of Member States’ needs in terms of 
strengthening capacity in the area of the network;
*	review selected technical reports and guidance documents produced by the 
ECDC or its contractors and make suggestions for improvement, as requested 
by ECDC;
*	contribute to the agenda of the regular meetings of the disease network 
(including identifying topics; keynote speakers, working group sessions and 
others);
*	review the methodologies to improve specific data collections, data 
presentation and interpretation of surveillance results;
*	review the effectiveness of surveillance systems and analytical tools for 
surveillance within the domain of the network and make suggestions for 
improvement;
*	review the disease-specific laboratory surveillance activities, including 
molecular microbiology, and foster the integration of whole genome 
sequencing (WGS) with epidemiological surveillance;
*	review the need for specific disease network working groups, advisory 
groups, ad hoc expert panels and task forces, which would report to the 
Coordination Committee on specific issues (i.e. guidance; surveillance 
methods or variables);
*	closely liaise with any other ECDC DNCCs or Working Groups that may be set 
up to work on technical issues in the area of the disease network.

The EVD DNCC will consist of a maximum of 10 members selected from and 
representing the disease network, to mirror the broad scope of activities to 
be addressed by the DNCCs. Ideally, in selecting the composition of the 
DNCCs, there should be some balance between functional expertise, i.e. 
between epidemiologists and microbiologists as well as in gender and 
geography. We encourage application of medical entomologists. Current 
members can reapply through the regular selection procedure. The secretariat 
of the DNCCs shall be provided by ECDC. Once established, the DNCC will 
elect a Chair and a Vice Chair from among its members.

If you are interested in being an EVD Disease Network Coordination Committee 
member, please express your interest by completing the 
<https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Nomination_EVD_DNCC_2025> EU-survey 
before 31st of January 2025 EOB.

The next step in the selection process will depend on the number of 
nominations received. Should there be more than 10 candidates, then ECDC 
will organise an online voting process in accordance with the established 
procedures. 

More details on the selection process together with a description of the 
roles and tasks of a DNCC can be found in the document attached, Annex 8, 
page 37 - Terms of Reference for ECDC Disease Network Coordination 
Committees in EU Member States and EEA countries.

Thank you in advance for your ongoing support and commitment.

Kind regards,

The ECDC EVD Team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL